The Captain’s Ride 2019 Rider Application
Welcome to The Captain's Ride 2019, Toowoomba - Gateway to Queensland Tour
We are excited you are considering the challenge, alongside our Captain Steve Waugh AO. You will be embarking on a life changing adventure with like-minded people, and an experienced team who look forward to supporting and sharing this experience with you.
The cornerstone of the Steve Waugh Foundation’s Annual Fundraising Campaign, The Captain’s Ride is an exclusive 6 day on-road cycle Tour and Leadership Program. A significant commitment in terms of time, fundraising and training is required.
- Arrival: Sunday 3 November 2019 (Launch Function)
- Tour: Monday 4 November (Day 1) – Saturday 9 November (Day 6 & Final Function)
- Depart: Sunday 10 November
Places on the Rider Team are strictly limited. UPDATE: Our 2019 Tour is now full. For complete coverage on this year's Ride follow our Facebook and Instagram pages.
The Captain’s Ride is a true test of character – the welfare of all participants is vital.
- Can you meet the fundraising target?
- Can you commit to training?
- Do you have a road worthy bike?
Rider Fitness - How fit do I need to be?
- You have time to get fit and have a road worthy bike ready. You will need to start now!
- The ride is targeted at semi-experienced to experienced road riders, an average speed 25km p/h and distances around 125km p/day. Riders will be graded based on experience.
- The focus is not on the individual, it is a team effort working together at all times.
- A Training Program and guidelines will be provided.
ALL Riders applying to be part of The Captain’s Ride 2019 are required to:
1. Complete and submit an ‘Application to Ride’ Form
- Your application will be assessed prior to approval and confirmation.
- Should your application be approved, you will receive confirmation and your registration fee of $2,500 will need to be paid in full to secure your position.
- Management reserves the right to refuse an Application.
2. Your Registration Fee of $2,500 covers the following:
- Welcome Package
- Fundraising Package and Support
- Tour Handbook
- Team Rider Kit (Apparel and Merchandise)
- Shared Accommodation and Meals for 7 nights and 6 days
- Professional Bike Technical Support
- Professional Medical Support
- Professional Ride and Safety Support Teams
- Evening Leadership Program with specially invited VIP’s, champions and celebrity guests
- Pre and post ride Functions
- A link to The Captain’s Ride Feature Video post event.
- A commitment has been made to cover the costs incurred by the campaign for expenses to cover your participation, and paid in advance regardless of any reason of withdrawal. The registration fee under these circumstances is:
- Not a donation, therefore not tax deductible.
- Not part of your fundraising commitment. It is in addition to the fundraising component.
3. Pledge to fundraise a minimum $10,000 by 31 January 2020
The Captain’s Ride is the major fundraising campaign of the Steve Waugh Foundation.
- EVERY rider is required to pledge and commit to raising a minimum of $10,000.
- Each Rider will have their own fundraising page set up on the Foundation website to directly accept donations under your rider name.
- A Fundraising Package will be provided with information, support materials, and ideas.
4. Riders are responsible for supplying:
- Their own road cycle bike in good condition for the ride, own helmet and all other bike accessories required on their bike for training and the ride.
- Bike mechanical support will be provided throughout the 6 day ride period only.
5. The Captain’s Ride is a major profile raising campaign of the Steve Waugh Foundation
- The campaign involves a comprehensive media and publicity campaign attached to the ride.
- We will follow up with each rider to complete a Rider Agreement and Model Release Form.
- The form gives the Foundation permission to use your image in The Captain’s Ride media and promotion.
6. Final Tour Commitments:
Each Rider is responsible for their own arrangements and the costs of:
- Airfares to and from Queensland.
- Transfers to and from Airport to start and finish hotels.
- Bike transport to and from the Tour
- Any additional transfers or travel throughout the tour for any reason not part of the official Tour transport arrangements.
7. Family and Friends
We appreciate and understand every Rider has an incredible support network behind them, and some may wish to join you or follow on Tour. It has to be made clear from the outset that unfortunately due to resources, availability, costs, and carefully negotiated agreements with hotels, transport, catering and suppliers - the Tour is unable to, under any circumstances, accommodate, feed or include any additional family or friends at any time during official Tour activity, or at pre and post functions, should they chose to independently follow the Tour.
We are grateful for your commitment and that of your family and friends. We appreciate your understanding on this matter and thank you in advance.
We look forward to receiving your 'Application to Ride'.
‘No one should have to stand alone – everyone needs a team to support them’
Steve Waugh AO
By submitting this Application you agree to:
- Pay the Registration Fee of $2,500.
- Pledge to fundraise a minimum of $10,000 as part of your commitment
- Have a road bike in good working condition for The Ride.
- Commit to training to be Ride ready.
- Have no known medical, physical or mental conditions that preclude you from taking on the challenge of The Captain’s Ride 2019.
- Sign a Model Release Form for the Steve Waugh Foundation.
- The Captain’s Ride Management reserve the right to suspend or withdraw any rider that does not meet fundraising targets or any other terms and conditions of The Captain’s Ride 2019 as presented to be part of this campaign.